Friday, March 25, 2016

G2 - an interactive learning space

My classroom is designed to allow pupils to embark on a learning journey. As cheesy as this might sound, the walls of my room have been designed to facilitate learning from word level to paragraph level. This is the bread and butter of foreign language teaching and learning. My learners are taught to see language as a series of building blocks and the walls help them to stack these blocks up to generate longer passages of speech and writing.
As part of our in house school INSET programme I attended a series of sessions on growth mindset led by Richard Jones (@MrRAJones / www.sweetspotlearning.com) Each session inspired me to create a new wall for my classroom. Having already done quite a bit of work on bringing metacognition into the classroom (more on this in another post), I was able to combine tried and tested techniques with my new knowledge. Learners quite literally move in a clockwise direction from one wall to the next, gaining knowledge as they go. I suppose that I am trying to achieve the language learning snowball effect that my PGCE tutor used to talk about all those years ago!

WALL 1 - TACTICS BOARD




























WALL 2 - THE GREAT WALL OF MISTAKES SENTENCE LEVEL WITH SUPPORT

WALL 3 - PRACTICE WALL - WHOLE CLASS PARAGRAPH WITH TEACHER COACHING



WALL 4 - THE 'WOW' WALL - INDEPENDENT DRAFTING AND REDRAFTING

EXAMPLES OF A PUPIL'S IMPROVEMENT JOURNEY - GOOD-BETTER-BEST

Thanks for reading my first blog post!
Becky @BexK06















No comments:

Post a Comment